Saturday, March 15, 2008

Three of "Rubin's Rules of Shooting"

1. Where can i stand (and position the camcorder) in such a way as to see something interesting, in an interesting or visually pleasing way. Now that i've shot that for a short period of time, where else can i stand to see the SAME EXACT thing, but from a different vantage point - equally unusual and creative.

2. What is the central element of my video that is somewhat repetitive in nature. I need lead up and (if possible) a dramatic conclusion, but ideally there is something at the heart of each scene that has a kind of repetitive rhythm.

3. What is happening here that makes me want to shoot this? What interests me about it, and can i interest YOU about it by making sure i show you those things that catch my eye.

No comments: