Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vimeo

Once I had the book in my hands, I thought i'd take a look at the video examples and make sure everything was ready for going live. The YouTube videos looked pretty crappy. When I first did them, i was comfortable that they were good enough to make the points i'm making in the book - the fact is you don't really need to see my family videos for image quality; you'll get the idea. But a month or so ago I was introduced to Vimeo. They don't have the volume of content at YouTube, but in my side-by-side tests, their video quality blew away everything on YouTube. So i've spent the past day starting to find the original files (again) and upload them to Vimeo and then re-embed them in the blog. It's a slow process so forgive me if you notice some serious variation from video to video. I should have them all replaced in the next week.

No comments: